Avianca Holdings S.A. Solicits Votes on Plan of Reorganization
On September 15, 2021, the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York approved the Chapter 11 Disclosure Statement of Avianca Holdings S.A. and granted authorization for Avianca to seek the votes of eligible creditors on a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization. The Plan is the result of negotiations with investors and other related parties and outlines Avianca’s proposal to make distributions to creditors on account of its obligations.
As the next step in the Chapter 11 process, eligible creditors will vote on whether to accept Avianca’s Chapter 11 Plan. All votes must be received by Avianca’s voting agent by 4:00 p.m. (New York time) on October 15, 2021. There will then be a hearing for the United States Bankruptcy Court to consider the confirmation of the Plan on October 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. (New York time).
So far, the Company has made significant progress in repositioning and simplifying the business with:
- Adopting more competitive prices for passengers;
- Continuing its aircraft reconfiguration process;
- Expanding network routes both domestically and internationally, establishing Avianca as the most robust airline in Colombia and Central America, and one of the strongest in Latin America;
- Refinancing its aircraft portfolio and obtaining long-term financing commitments; and
- Securing long-term labor agreements and strengthening relationships with pilots and other employee groups.
The solicitation of creditor votes on the Plan represents an important milestone toward the successful completion of Avianca’s financial and operational restructuring. For more information about how to obtain a ballot and vote, contact Kurtzman Carson Consultants at 1 866 967 1780 (U.S./Canada) or +1 (310) 751 2680.
CHAPTER 11 TIMELINE
Below are the most relevant milestones that have occurred during the Chapter 11 process:
- May 10, 2020: Avianca Holdings S.A. and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates file voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- October 5, 2020: Avianca announces that it received Court approval to access its debtor-in-possession financing totaling just over US$ 2 billion, which includes approximately US$ 1.2 billion of new funds to support Avianca’s ongoing operations and the execution of its reorganization process.
- August 10, 2021: Avianca files its Plan of Reorganization and Disclosure Statement with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- August 18, 2021: Avianca receives Court approval for US$ 1.6 billion in financing upon exiting the Chapter 11 process.
- September 14, 2021: Avianca receives Court approval to solicit votes from eligible creditors on its Plan of Reorganization.
- October 15, 2021 (4:00 p.m., New York time): Deadline for eligible creditors to vote.
- October 26, 2021 (10:00 a.m., New York time): Hearing on confirmation of the Plan of Reorganization.
Avianca reaffirms its commitment to continue connecting people, territories and businesses, under a value proposition that meets the needs of today’s traveler, with the best service to customers and the highest security standards.
Information and Resources
Avianca Holdings S.A. Appoints Adrian Neuhauser as President and Chief Executive Officer
Avianca Holdings S.A. Receives U.S. Court Approval to Access US$ 2.0 Billion Debtor-In-Possession (“DIP”) Financing
Avianca Holdings S.A. Files Motion for Approval by U.S. Court of Approximately US$ 2.0 Billion in Debtor-in-Possession ("DIP") Financing
Statement on Debtor-in-Possession Financing and Government of Colombia Financing Commitment
First Day Hearing Press Release
Chapter 11 Press Release
Case Information and Information Hotline
Court filings and other documents related to the Chapter 11 process in the U.S. are available on a separate website administered by Avianca’s claims agent, Kurtzman Carson Consultants (“KCC”), at www.kccllc.net/avianca.
For more information, customers can click here.
KCC Restructuring Hotline and Email
Toll-free in the U.S. and Canada: (866) 967-1780
International: +1 (310) 751-2680